Period of Operation: 2-3 Hours
Hospitalization: Maximum 1 day according to the request of the doctor
Return to Social Life: 1-2 Days
Rhinoplasty is a commonly applied operation to recover the deformities of the nose. In rhinoplasty, both deformities and bone and cartilage curvatures preventing breathing are also corrected. Essential aim in rhinoplasty is to beautify and functionalize the nose which is not compliant with the facial structure. Rhinoplasty, which is generally applied to the patients who have completed their body development, is performed for both health purposes and to get a more beautiful appearance.
Nasal hump is corrected, structure and size of the nose can be adjusted, and the angle between the nose and lip can be changed via rhinoplasty.
How Is Rhinoplasty Done? What Are The Techniques?
Before rhinoplasty, assessment regarding the needs of the patient from rhinoplasty is done. If the patient is sure about rhinoplasty, then required tests are conducted. After the tests, photographs of the patient from every angle are taken and a surgery projection is prepared in computer environment. The surgery technique differs among the doctors. Closed or open rhinoplasty can be done. In closed rhinoplasty technique, there will be no scars after the operation as the intervention is done inside the nostrils.
Another method used in rhinoplasty is open rhinoplasty. In this technique, a small incision is made between the nostrils and this method is frequently preferred. Skin is lifted from a point and the operation is conducted. In open rhinoplasty, nasal septum is seen clearer. The major advantage of rhinoplasty is known as the clear visibility of the nasal structure. The possibility of having scars is higher in open rhinoplasty. However, we can explicitly state that as the days passed, the scars of sutures will take the color of the skin. The operation period in open rhinoplasty is about 2-2.5 hours.
Points to Consider After Rhinoplasty
There are some details to be considered after rhinoplasty. These can be stated as follows.
- Avoid from tiring activities such as running and aerobics.
- If there is a bandage on your nose after the operation, you should not moisten the bandage. Thus, you need to be careful while taking a shower.
- You should not blow your nose after rhinoplasty. Blowing your nose may damage your nose.
- You should avoid consuming constipating fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid from exaggerated facial expressions. You should not laugh or cry too much.
- To minimize the movement of your upper lips, brush your teeth with extremely gentle movements.
- Wear wraparound clothes after rhinoplasty. Wearing sweaters will compel you.
- Babies and children may hit your nose with instant movements. Thus, be careful not to take them on your lap.
- Use a SPF 30 sun protector for your nose. Your skin will be more sensitive after the surgery. Take care to use sun protectors in order to prevent permanent discoloration on your nose.
Recovery Period of Rhinoplasty
The recovery period of rhinoplasty varies according to the technique used during surgery. Ecchymosis and swelling occur after rhinoplasty. Patients should keep their head upright on the first day for quick recovery.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is rhinoplasty performed only for appearance?
Having a perfect looking nose is not the only concern of the individuals who want to have rhinoplasty. Surgery is performed for both aesthetic purposes and for correcting the nasal functions.
Can I come from abroad for rhinoplasty?
Numerous people come Turkey for the rhinoplasty operation. A surgery program can be developed with your blood tests and photographs.
Is there an age limitation for rhinoplasty?
People should turn their 17-18 years for rhinoplasty. The reason is that having rhinoplasty at earlier ages may cause various problems in development. Thus, bone development should be completed.